Author Topic: Showtime for Free is turning 1 years old!  (Read 5057 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Showtime for Free is turning 1 years old!
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »
December 8th, 2005 spawned the true original, "Showtime for Free" message board.  http://midnighter20c.proboards.com/index.cgi

But the members wanted... and yes, WE NEEDED, to get our own .com.     So I pulled the trigger on it, and finally bought the domain, www.showtimeforfree.com  8)   Some members were a bit rattled at first losing all their old post counts, but I knew that we could build again, and build fast!  

Members, the "Founding Fathers" of the old site joined here fast and helped move some old threads here to the new site, and old Mods were made new Mods once again, as the new SfF.com, built it's way up to a fast start.  

Special members from both Microsoft and video game programmers from Sony's side of the field, both post in here with imo, great information, and takes from their own points of view... Both helping our Gaming community here at the site grow.

Our member Vsions, helped out huge with the giving away of a Halo Reach Beta token, giving the site a huge boost in views, and popularity.  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=1828.0

As well as our member KTA, who informed the gaming community over on Kotaku that we were having a give away.  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=1771.msg12728#msg12728

Then it was our awesome member, Omni that made possible the greatest give away to date, the Red Dead Redemption, PS3 game give away, that had people from all over talking about our site.  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=1908.0

And then to out do himself, he then starts our glorious, and most Showtime for Free, fan capturing give away... FREE PRIZE MADDEN 2011 FOOTBALL LEAGUE, that has to brought even more members here to our site.   Good solid members that our helping our community grow.  

Big shouts for the year go to members Voltan, Isntmentolast, hdinred, Omega Bombs, mondayshift, nmcmahan52, Onslaught, Cuco, SurfinHB, SadisticKeith, Szabada, PocketNYC, LoadySmurf, Pakman3000, Dz, Vsions and to my Mods, Caine, Master X, mischa316, and chazuk!   (sorry if i forgot anyone that has been on constantly for the year)

YOU GUYS HAVE HELPED KEEP THE COMMUNITY SOLID AND GROW SO MUCH... I PERSONALLY THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, AND HOPE YOU ENJOY ANOTHER GREAT, AND BETTER YEAR OF SHOWTIME FOR FREE.  :)

This thread will be unlocked on the 19th, so we may have great 1 year birthday wishes, and stories of favorite moments of the site.   Favorite topic, quote, ect....

I lied!  It's open all of September, and this is the month of Showtime for Free!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:06:41 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
Re: Showtime for Free is turning 1 years old!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:18:30 PM »
topic unlocked!   let's start this 1 year anniversary off right for the whole month of September!   AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
getting closer!

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 732
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
I'm just going to say I'm really glad I stumbled upon this site.  Have made many new XBL friends, get lots of good info on games and movies, and just have a good time BSing with the great folks here.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 11:33:58 AM »
i'm glad you stumbled upon this site too.  :)

Offline nmcmahan52

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 517
    • project blu, where i attempt to review games
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »
i'm rattled

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 618
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:14:31 PM »
ok been thinking for the last almost 2 weeks about what to say, i know ive only been here like 3 months and lets face it its like my home, you guys are great welcomed me in even though im pretty much crazy and you guys seem to either take it as i am or just kinda toss it to the side and say eh what ever, but those of you guys who ive grown to know have tripped me out through the funny times, been pissed off or sad in the bad times, and hell ive be priveledged  enough to be able to play on xbl with you guys even though im horrible and might die 13 times in a round of COD, or be overly ecstatic about coming in 7th place in hydro thunder, but ill take a few of you out with me in the beginning while i can I thank you Mid, Omega, Hdinred, and Omni.  Being beaten in MOTM due to nip rings, damn you Voltan! lol. or being called out on my stupidity and told ill be part of the 30% of woman who should have shut the fuck up, thanks Caine i always need some one to do that.  but all in all you guys have grown into my little online family... you guys are pretty much my "older brothers" that i never had, so i thank all of you for all the fun times, the bad times, and all of that nice mushy shit that im spilling thats making me seem like i have a heart and we all know i dont, lol.   ;D

and yes i still cant spell so thanks for putting up with the bad typing/spelling i heart you guys all the more for that, ;D :-*

so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SFF hope for many others to come!!!!!

and i can NOT forget thanks to Master X for sending my little crazy happy ass over here, sure there are time i forget to say thanks to you on here but hell i terrorize you on face book at LEAST once a day, :-* there isnt really a need to terrorize you on here as well, but ill show you some love you kind of deserve it now and then, ;D :-*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:02:32 PM by Isntmenttolast »

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 08:32:45 PM »
ok been thinking for the last almost 2 weeks about what to say, i know ive only been here like 3 months and lets face it its like my home, you guys are great welcomed me in even though im pretty much crazy and you guys seem to either take it as i am or just kinda toss it to the side and say eh what ever, but those of you guys who ive grown to know have tripped me out through the funny times, been pissed off or sad in the bad times, and hell ive be priveledged  enough to be able to play on xbl with you guys even though im horrible and might die 13 times in a round of COD, or be overly ecstatic about coming in 7th place in hydro thunder, but ill take a few of you out with me in the beginning while i can I thank you Mid, Omega, Red Rain, and Omni.  Being beaten in MOTM due to nip rings, damn you Voltan! lol. or being called out on my stupidity and told ill be part of the 30% of woman who should have shut the fuck up, thanks Caine i always need some one to do that.  but all in all you guys have grown into my little online family... you guys are pretty much my "older brothers" that i never had, so i thank all of you for all the fun times, the bad times, and all of that nice mushy shit that im spilling thats making me seem like i have a heart and we all know i dont, lol.   ;D

and yes i still cant spell so thanks for putting up with the bad typing/spelling i heart you guys all the more for that, ;D :-*

so HAPPY BIRTHDAY SFF hope for many others to come!!!!!

1st of all, clearly Isnt is drunk.  She's never been that nice.  2nd of all, only 30%?!?! ???

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 618
    • facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 09:48:39 PM »

1st of all, clearly Isnt is drunk.  She's never been that nice.  2nd of all, only 30%?!?! ???

hahaha i am NOT drunk god knows i wish i was at this point, and i am too nice, ok yea not really but SOMETIMES i am well, some times im not mean and 2, refer to quote below. lol.

because it will make them money...

well yea, obviously, but its pretty dumb doing ithalf way through a series, i guess its the same as putting saints row 2 on both, i f theyre going todo it  think they should do it right and put both, other wise unless youve played the first one you really wont appreciate the secand one.
Saints Row? I wasn't aware that this game was so story driven or that it had a compelling story, or that there was a story at all. Certainly Saints Row 2 isn't a continuation to the story of Saints Row one is it? I mean I could be wrong, I never played either.

But comparing Saints Row to Mass Effect!?!?!? That's bad, even for you.

any more questions?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2010, 08:33:18 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GLORIOUS SITE!    A YEAR AGO TODAY WAS THE BIRTH OF THIS SITE!!!

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »
Happy birthday Showtime for Free!!!   Thank you for making me feel so welcome here! :)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
Guess who's turning 2 soon!  :party: :drinks2: :party: :drinks: :beerfunnel: :BBQ: :party:

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 09:53:05 PM »
 :bar:
 :drinks2: :drinks2: :drinks2:

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »
 :groupbounce: :groupbounce: :groupbounce: :grouphug: :groupbounce: :groupbounce: :groupbounce: