Author Topic: Your Fish Tanks...  (Read 53091 times)

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: My Fish Tanks...
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 07:12:12 AM »
Oh boy, almost had a disaster!  Heather was feeding the fish and all I hear is a scream.   The grouper accidentally bit the clown on the head!!!!  I thought it was a gonner for sure.  But he let him go and all is well, besides my poor girlfriend sittting there balling her eyes out.  haha
holy shit!  :o    those damn groupers are too crazy man.    they'll eat anything they can swallow.      was there blood?   is the clown scarred up a bit?

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 07:13:01 AM »
Heres some photos of my tank as it sits right now, gross!  You can't even see inside.
holy shit dude!    time for a MAJOR glass cleaning and tank clean.        can't wait to see the final results.

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
Aight, heres a few pics of the tank "partially clean". Still a lot of algae and crap in there and I can't get a good picture but it looks a lot better than the pictures show.  And I got a piece of the polyp that can go in your tank Midnighter, whenever you want.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 06:55:47 AM »
sounds good man.     sadly, my starfish already died.    my water quality must not be up to par for him yet.. sucks.

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »
Starfish are a pain in the ass to keep alive.  They always have started to disintegrate on me rather quickly, sad...so sad.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »
ya.. same kind of star i had in the other tank, and that thing lived for years!   and had baby star fish all over the tank.. this one though... nadda.

i need to buy some nazirus snails.     i don't think i spelled that right.

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 03:48:08 PM »
Not even close, I have those little starfish that never seem to get any bigger than a centimeter or so running around.  But thats about it.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »
i bought 5 Super Tongan Nassarius Snails today... here is one that was on the glass... and then posing for a couple pics.

info on the Snail can be found here... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+526+1763&pcatid=1763

They are a great part of your "Clean up crew" for your tank.

And I also bought a Porcupine Puffer, who we have named.. "Sean Puff Diddy Puffer".. or something like that.. .Lol.. anyways, he is real hard to get a picture of.  He's constantly hovering and moving around... here's a try.  I'll try to get better pics later.

info on the Porcupine Puffer is here...  http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+39+244&pcatid=244

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2010, 01:52:24 PM »
Noooo!  A porcupine puffer!?!  Those things are cool as sh*t but oh man, he'll eat EVERYTHING! Crabs, snails, corals...all gone!  Don't listen to the fish guys.  The one I had was as curious as a cat, he'd just bite stuff for fun.  Hopefully mine was just weird like that...good luck.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2010, 02:01:53 PM »
ya... the dude said he would be ok with most of my stuff that i have in there right now... we shall see.. he's way small right now.    very small.. i'm hoping that will make it to where he grows up knowing everyone and everything in the tank, and will leave most stuff alone.    i will keep him well fed.    i just hope my arrow crab doesn't get it from him... come on arrow crab.. grow big!

oh.. and not to mention Jenny fell in love with him at the fish store because of the way he acted to her.. following her finger back and forth.. GREAT personality.     we'll see.   if he becomes a problem.. then i'll do what has do be done. 

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2010, 02:08:24 PM »
Yup, I loved mine with his pretty blue eyes too...don't be fooled!  I'd get rid of him now.  You'll fall in love with him and won't be able to put anything else in, new fish will draw his curiosity and become toothing toys.  The guy at the fish store told me mine would be fine, after I had already had him and saw what he could do.  You're arrow crab will be gone very soon...along with all of your new snails.  And now I can't give you that polyp either.   ::)

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2010, 02:22:32 PM »
hmmmm... we shall see.   i think he'll be fine.     

remember this quote so you can quote it when he tears my tank apart!   but..lol.. i don't mind.   if he does.. i'll get him out and trade him in eventually.    i'm not too worried.

oh.. and right now, his eyes are bigger than half his body.   so cute!

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2010, 02:26:45 PM »
ps.. i'm going to get an Emperorator Angel as well.. and i hear they eat some corals too... i guess it just all depends on your rock setup, and fishes personalities.

oh .. and still bring the polyp.. i'll find a spot for it that's nice and safe!

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »
Szabada.. you will be happy to hear this... my Puffer is dead.    he got stuck in the fucking power head.     

needless to say.. i have fixed up the power head with lot's... AND LOT'S of sponge padding.. that, that will NEVER happen again.          i'm pretty bummed though right now.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 10:57:03 PM »
Bought a new fish.. I  call him, "The Purps".. he is a Purple Dottyback.    he moves so quick, it's hard to get a picture of him.. my old one can be found on the first page of this thread... but this is a new one.  info can be found here about those... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+38+170&pcatid=170  here's a blurry pic of mine.. kinda cool looking though that his eyes are looking right at me.

and Szabada, he gave me a piece of one of his polyps, and i believe it's a Starburst Polyp... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+599+738&pcatid=738   hopefully that will grab onto the rock, and start to blossom on more of the rock, and spread in the tank.

here's a cool looking picture of the Arrow Crab grabbing some Mysis Shrimp, and feasting on them... you'll notice his serrated beak that he uses to spear small slow moving fish, or whatever else he can. 

Red Legged Hermit Reef Crab here on a piece of coral doing it's cleaning job.

side view of the tank.. i don't know why...

the deep blue A... a cave in the Reef miDnIghtEr20C.  ;)

the flamehawk "Steven", taking a look at me while i snap a photo of him...

so far so good with the tank... couple snails and a star fish and a puffer fish dead... but besides that.. the redone up tank is cruising... until next check in.   :)