Author Topic: Your Fish Tanks...  (Read 55730 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Your Fish Tanks...
« on: September 19, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »
ok.. i'm copying and pasting most my post from the old site for this one.  ;)

here we go!

i just got a HUGE tank from my work, where they used to keep the lobsters in.  this suckers around 125 gallons or more.  i'm going to transfer my fish from my 60 gallon into it.  i took a picture of the "before".  that way, you guys can see it all shitty looking, and then when it's finally all set up in the house, you all can see the final product.   heres the pic....

anyway's, anyone else have a fish tank?  post a pic.  let's talk about it! 8-)

the progress, lot's of sweat, and some blood.  wow, what a pain in the ass to do.  we had to cut off the top of the tank where the stainless steel goes around.  just the viewing side.  it's a double pain tank so the glass was real foggy inbetween.  very hard to get to.  but we got it.  took the top off, all the rubber and glue, cleaned out the glass, put the top back on, yada, yada, yada,  the dishes are done man.
it was time to take some sweet ass pics of my tank.. and some of the fish..  so here you go!

that red fish above is called a, flame hawk...

that's tommy the tomato clown fish, as he swims by his house... the anemone!

that is what they call a, tube anemone.
so, my roommate is getting rid of his tank, and gave me a few rocks, and another tube anemone.   so i put the rocks and the anemone in my smaller tank... the 20 galloner, and have now set that one up, much better then it's ever been.   the only occupant of that tank is my big, bad ass, maroon clown fish.   i added a couple crabs and gonna buy some other stuff later for it.

my big tank that was at the start of this thread, had an accident, and water got in between the two front panes of glass.   there's algae everywhere, and i can't fix it.   so now, i have to switch things over to the ol 60 gallon tank.     so that goes down on friday.  i spent all day today, doing up the 20 gallon, and doing a big living room change and putting the 60 gallon as well.   lol... confusing, well.. here are some pictures of what the shit i'm talking about. ;)

Here's a picture of the 20 gallon from distance.

The Maroon Clown.  She's one pissed off fish!  How do I know it's a girl?  She digs with her tail!  A characteristic of the female Maroon. ;)

A picture of the new Tube Anemone.   Crazy looking. :o

Another angle of the 20 gallon tank.

This is the tank that's ruined right now.  You can barely see in it.  >:(

The new tank is going there.  Actually, it's my older tank.. good thing I kept it around.

Different perspective of how the tanks will match each other.  It all goes down on Friday... Stay tuned for the finishing pics!
this is going to take me a couple days to finish.   i'm about to put all my rocks in, but i still need to do my main filters.   i'm running a cheesy ass filter right now.   actually, it's not cheesy... just not what i need.   but it will work for the time.   pics to come of the before.

ok... here is a picture of some stuff.    here is from the 20 gallon tank.  the first two pictures are of the "Yellow Headed" Moray Eel...

there he is.... the picture is a little hard to see, but there's his yellow head.

a close up of that monster.   scary looking fish.  i'm a little nervous to put my hand in there.  :-/

so far that's what i've done.   i'm about to add the rest of the rocks right now.   well.    here i go...  ???

****UPDATE****

ok, one half of the tank is almost finished.  i still don't have my main filteration going yet, but i hope to get that done tomorrow after work.   i have that one filter going right now in the tank on the right side.   that's why there's no rock on that side yet...

ok... the tank is still not 100% finished.  i'm still doing up my last of the pumps, and then i can finish off putting the rest of the rocks in, and making the rock formation a beautiful sight to behold.   i have been told i'm very good at creating reef, and rock setups for fresh water and salt water tanks.

one of my damsels.

the star fish...

the lil damsel(blue fish) and tommy, the tomato clown fish ;)

random picture of the rock.   there's some water mushrooms in there if you can see.

lil damsel looking all bad ass.   he's actually the whipping boy.

close up of the shrooms.

this is a few of the fish together.   you can see the star fish cruising on the bottom too.  i've had that thing for 2 years or more.  he's my oldest "fish"   

ok... well, hopefully the tank will be complete REAL soon.  then i can get the full tank in some shots, and all the other shit i have to do.   hope ya'll enjoy!  :)
Well... everything is finally complete!  ;D  This is the evolution of my tank switch.  Lots of pictures coming, so I hope you're not using dial up. ;)
 The beginning...

The filtration setup:
I'm running an overflow system on a 60 gallon tank, with a 20 gallon sump.  So that's giving me a total of 80 gallons (take a little due to sand and rock weight)  Here's some pics of the setup.  The first are of the overflow box and the last is the sump, and the stuff in it, like the heater and a protein skimmer.

Now, enjoy the beautiful fish of our awesome ocean reefs.  I LOVE owning my OWN, piece of ocean.  :)

That is the Midas Blenny.  Very fun to watch.  He's always putting on a show, and watching everyone.

My little Fridmani Pseudochromis.  The camera doesn't even do it's color justice.  It's much more of a neon pink.  Very expensive for such a small fish.  I bought it half it's size now, for about 40 bucks.

This is 6LW.  Real name, The Six Line Wrasse.  Beautiful colors and markings.  Very nice fish!

6LW with my Yellow Tail Damselfish.  Cool colors I think.  8-)

The Flame Hawk.  He's the red fish, and my other Damsel.  Can you see the Midas Blenny in this shot?  He camoed himself.

Close up of the Flame Hawk....

So that's it.  It's done!  Now to add Corals, and Anemones and that kind of shit.   Of course more pictures to come when that happens.  It's my pleasure to bring this bit of the Ocean, into all of your homes. :)  :D  ;D  8-)  8-)  8-)  8-)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:42:52 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
Re: My Fish Tanks...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 03:38:26 PM »
Very nice, we have a huge tank but nothing is in it atm. If we ever add anything ill post it here.

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »
that hobby must cost you a lot. looks realy nice. thanks for sharing it again. real cool.
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:19:38 PM »
so.. my great friend Noah.. and bass player of the World Famous "The Cann Man Band"... known by no one.....   he is giving me his old fish tank.   so right now i have my 60 gallon going... he's giving me his 175 GALLON TANK!  :o :o   with stand and canopy.. and EVERYTHING!   thank you noah!   :D    so.. it's due to arrive not tomorrow.. but next Thursday.. and i will have pics and vids and all that jazz of what's to take place... i'll have some before and afters to come.   

so anyhoo.. here's what the tank looks like.   hard angle to see.. but that's the tank there.. this is at his house.   and no..the baby doesn't come with the tank.  ;)

Offline SurfinHB

• Founding Father
  • Feeling the Showtime!
  • Showtime Karma: 507
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »
thats a nice tank!!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »
the 20 gallon...

the 20 gallon gone...

the 60 gallon cleaned a bit, and awaiting transformation...

couple shots on top of the water...

Offline Omni78

• Feeling it down in your plumbs.
  • Showtime Karma: 418
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 08:35:17 AM »
Awesome stuff, miD.  You have some great set-ups.  I bought a 65 gallon tank which I plan to set up soon.  Freshwater only, though.  

I'm not ambitious enough to go the saltwater route.  Although, they typically make for more beautiful tanks.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:44:38 AM by Omnicronos78 »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 08:43:47 AM »
you can easily get some fresh water fish that rival salt in beauty.   get yourself some Cichlids.   65 gallons is a good size for them.. and they are smart.. and have personalities.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 02:50:22 PM »
new tank gets here tomorrow!   update on it's size though.. it's not a 175... it's a 125!        still very nice!     and i once had a 125 before.... i don't feel as scared now.  :D

Offline Loady Smurf

• Founding Father
  • Feeling it down in your plumbs.
  • Showtime Karma: 498
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
You were gonna be burried in that tank at one time as I recall. Are you going with salt water? or doing the fresh route? Replacing or adding to the collection? Trying to picture where you are putting it. Congrats, thats quite a gift!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »
going salt... it's an acrylic tank.. awesome filtration..   i only have 2 fish to put in it though from the old tank... so it's going to be a whole new adventure on whatever credit card has room on it for new fish!  :D     you know i'm not scared to put 10 on 1, 20 on another, and 15 on another!    i'll do it to get a couple nice fish.      125 boy.. this is a show tank though.. not 6 feet long like my old.. it's 4 1/2 feet long.. fucking deep and tall!     pictures up tomorrow while it's going on.. and when it's up!

tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day.    dare i say it... i'm actually happy?

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 11:25:40 PM »
Heres a pic of my tank back in the day, before it got attacked by that stinkin maidens hair...ugh!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 09:26:18 AM »
that looks good Szabada... i remember that look.   you just had to have some of my Maidens Hair didn't ya!   :P

anyways... this is the spot the new tank is going... here is the raw...raw dog..errr.. before photo.. in a few hours.. things will look much different.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »
that looks good Szabada... i remember that look.   you just had to have some of my Maidens Hair didn't ya!   :P

anyways... this is the spot the new tank is going... here is the raw...raw dog..errr.. before photo.. in a few hours.. things will look much different.

ok.. this is what it looks like as of now... now i have to get my rocks out of the other tank... some water out of there.. and start adding my rocks and sand and then a couple fish... anyways.. here's the tank...

the crazy canopy with lights...

the big ass filters that are in the stand...

and some of the rocks they had with it.

ok... now off to do the rest of this shit.  :)     cracking open a beer for the occasion. 

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »
ok.. i'm done for the night right now.. my back is crushed.. but here's part 1 of a time lapsed nerdy video of me setting up the rocks.      if you're bored.. watch.   i'll be finished with this tomorrow.. it's been a long day of lifting.