Author Topic: A-Rod finally hits 600th HR  (Read 1053 times)

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
A-Rod finally hits 600th HR
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:04:29 AM »

Alex Rodriguez hit his 600th career home run in a 5-1 win over the Blue Jays on Wednesday afternoon.

It's finally done. After a 12-game homerless drought, A-Rod connected for a two-run shot off Shaun Marcum in the first inning. The ball landed in Monument Park in center field. With impeccable timing, the home run was exactly three years after his 500th career blast. At 35 years old, Rodriguez is now the youngest player to reach 600 home runs, joining Sammy Sosa, Ken Griffey Jr., Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and Barry Bonds. Like him or not, should he stay healthy, he still has a very good chance of breaking Barry Bonds' all-time record of 762 home runs.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=1981

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: A-Rod finally hits 600th HR
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »
i agree.. this guy is another of the steroid users.        if he didn't get busted, he'd of broke 600 a long time ago... all these guys are tainted, and they all need an asterisk next to their "records".

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »
Yep.  I think baseball should put an asterisk on the entire era.  And I know everybody hates him, but my old boy Canseco opened the door and exposed ALL of this.  Yes, he's an idiot.  Yes, he probably did it more for money than to 'clean up the game'.  But if not for that idiot/moron, baseball players would still be hitting the juice today.  Canseco is, in a roundabout way, a savior of baseball.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:14:12 AM »
yep... i agree with that!

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 10:08:55 PM »
tainted

If he's tainted what about Bonds and all of the other steroid users. At least he admitted to it. What about big Papi, Manny, Sosa, Palmeiro, McGuire as well.

I was honestly tempted to go to Tampa this past weekend when they were there. I'm glad I didn't since he didn't hit it there.

600 is a big deal but the record I'm waiting for is going to be next season. Jeter will have his 3,000 hit. He is at 2872 right now. With 125 hits this season.
Mischa.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:53 AM »
all of those guys you mentioned are tainted as well.       all of them.        like Voltan said.   this era of players... they're stats should all have asterisks next to them.

they're all cheaters.