Author Topic: Nolan Ryan crew outbids Cuban, gets Rangers  (Read 729 times)

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
Nolan Ryan crew outbids Cuban, gets Rangers
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:57:09 AM »
I'm happy Nolan Ryan's group got the team.  He's done well with it in recent years.  But damn!  I wanted to see Mark Cuban with a MLB team!!

A group led by Nolan Ryan and Chuck Greenberg won a bankruptcy auction for ownership of the Rangers early Thursday morning.
The group went toe-to-toe with Mavericks owner and dot-com billionaire Mark Cuban for the suddenly successful club and won out in the end with a massive $385 cash bid. Cuban would have been a fun character in the baseball world, but Ryan has been an excellent leader since taking over front-office duties for Texas and his financial backers just put some serious faith in the franchise. If they back it up in payroll, the Rangers are going to have a great decade. Aug. 5 - 1:49 am et

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&hl=300119&id=3159

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Nolan Ryan crew outbids Cuban, gets Rangers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:22:49 AM »
man.. so much money the rich have, while the rest of us get poorer.        i wish i had the money to own a sports franchise!

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
Re: Nolan Ryan crew outbids Cuban, gets Rangers
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »
I'm kinda glad that Nolan Ryan won the bid. Mark Cuban can keep his Mavs let Ryan keep his baseball team.
Mischa.