Poll

What do you think of these rules?

I like em!  Let's do it!
8 (50%)
Not liking them at all... Different rules please.
0 (0%)
I like them.. but maybe a few changes here and there.(please tell us what should change)
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Official Rules of the Showtime for Free, Madden League.  (Read 13773 times)

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
Re: Official Rules of the Showtime for Free, Madden League.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
so i'm assuming this 35pt cap is if the game is a blowout only?  doesn't seem like it'll be a big deal since most teams are users but put some clarity on that

From page one of this thread.......

-If playing against the computer, you are capped at scoring at 35 points. If you get to 35 points just keep driving down the field and punting when you get close. This rule will be removed if the sponsors for the league decide to eliminate the prizes based on most points scored and most points allowed

I really don't forsee us doing a total points prize.  I'm thinking we'll keep it to division winners, wild card winners, conference winners and super bowl winner.  It all really depends on what we end up with as far as prizes.

Offline nmcmahan52

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 517
    • project blu, where i attempt to review games
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »
honestly i'd rather just remove the cap and if i get lucky enough to smash the cpu so be it

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Madden Commish
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 491
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 07:43:16 AM »
so i'm assuming this 35pt cap is if the game is a blowout only?  doesn't seem like it'll be a big deal since most teams are users but put some clarity on that

-If playing against the computer, you are capped at scoring at 35 points. If you get to 35 points just keep driving down the field and punting when you get close. This rule will be removed if the sponsors for the league decide to eliminate the prizes based on most points scored and most points allowed

I really don't forsee us doing a total points prize.  I'm thinking we'll keep it to division winners, wild card winners, conference winners and super bowl winner.  It all really depends on what we end up with as far as prizes.

Like I said, if we remove those prizes, then there is no point to having that point scoring cap and I will gladly remove it so I can put some beatdowns on the computer.

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 08:46:08 AM »

Like I said, if we remove those prizes, then there is no point to having that point scoring cap and I will gladly remove it so I can put some beatdowns on the computer.

Yeah, I think that's the best option.  I sure don't want to let up on the CPU and somehow lose. :o

I do think there should be a sportsman type cap for players vs players.  Like, if I'm up 42-10 in the 4th, I shouldn't be bombing 70 yard passes & running up the score.  Several of our owners, myself included, are not near as skilled as some of the other owners here.  WE want to keep the league fun. 

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 08:47:51 AM »

Yeah, I think that's the best option.  I sure don't want to let up on the CPU and somehow lose. :o

I do think there should be a sportsman type cap for players vs players.  Like, if I'm up 42-10 in the 4th, I shouldn't be bombing 70 yard passes & running up the score.  Several of our owners, myself included, are not near as skilled as some of the other owners here.  WE want to keep the league fun. 

Yeah, that should go without saying just as an issue of respect and sportsmanship more than anything else. I know that once I get up on somebody and feel the game is over that I just try to run the ball as much as I can to keep the clock moving and get the game over.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »
Oh good so like 35- 0in the 3rd who's ever got 35 shouldn't keep scoring over and over and over again to make it 50 or so to nothing?

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 09:23:59 AM »
Oh good so like 35- 0in the 3rd who's ever got 35 shouldn't keep scoring over and over and over again to make it 50 or so to nothing?

No, that would just be unnecessary. If there are people who do that, then they will be dealt with accordingly, but based on what I've seen so far, I don't think it will become a problem.

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
I keep forgetting to post and ask, but I think we should put in a new poll about playcalling. Do people prefer Gameflow or Conventional?

Offline Balkino66

• 2014-15 2015-16 Back to back, Showtime For Free Fantasy Football Champion
  • SfF Madden Champion Season 1 & SfF 2013 NFL Pick em Champion
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 528
  • **DA U**
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
Conventional.... Not a chance im letting computer*coach* pick my play.....

Xbox 360
GT: xxxBalkino66xxx
CHECK MY PROFILE OUT!!
#1 ON THE SITE

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 02:42:54 PM »
yeah, the computer picking your plays kinda sucks.

But what if your up big (I doubt I ever will be) and break a run up the middle, are you just supposed to run out of bounds?  I want my backs to have some big games if they're able to. 

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Trooper
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »
yeah, the computer picking your plays kinda sucks.

But what if your up big (I doubt I ever will be) and break a run up the middle, are you just supposed to run out of bounds?  I want my backs to have some big games if they're able to. 

I think everybody should do it Brian Westbrook style:

Offline Balkino66

• 2014-15 2015-16 Back to back, Showtime For Free Fantasy Football Champion
  • SfF Madden Champion Season 1 & SfF 2013 NFL Pick em Champion
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 528
  • **DA U**
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 02:55:10 PM »
LOL!!

Xbox 360
GT: xxxBalkino66xxx
CHECK MY PROFILE OUT!!
#1 ON THE SITE

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »

I got rid of that lame ass gameflow bullshit long ago.

Offline nmcmahan52

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 517
    • project blu, where i attempt to review games
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
I actually like the gameflow after I cleared out all of the stock plays and picked my own

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »

I got rid of that lame ass gameflow bullshit long ago.

yes even i did that, its sad when i can pick better plays then the computer does,