Poll

What do you think of these rules?

I like em!  Let's do it!
8 (50%)
Not liking them at all... Different rules please.
0 (0%)
I like them.. but maybe a few changes here and there.(please tell us what should change)
8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Official Rules of the Showtime for Free, Madden League.  (Read 15096 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Official Rules of the Showtime for Free, Madden League.
« on: August 04, 2010, 07:23:41 PM »
Voltan, and or Colts and Bolts... you guys have the mod power to edit this here post of mine, and update it with the rules of the league.   i will sticky this thread now.

Rules added:

-You must be active on this forum, or respond to Xbox Live messages to set up games with opponents.

-Communication is a must. If you do not show for your game for the time period or make the attempt to reschedule you will be removed from league.  Commissioners of league will have the final word.

- Two Games Per Week (Sun @ 12:00am to Wed @ 11:59pm & Thurs @ 12:00am to Sat @ 11:59pm) ***All times are PST***

- 7 min quarters - 15 second accelerated clock

- Game Speed - Normal

- All Pro Difficulty

- Injuries On

- Fatigue On

- Position for Position subs (i.e., no putting in corners at receiver)

-Sim Style Play (i.e., no nano blitzing, have to punt and kick fg when a normal team would). We have rookies in the league and we want to keep them interested and having fun. Basically just play the game like you would see it played on Sunday. Violations of this will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by V0LTAN and I.

- No onside kicks unless losing and in 4th quarter

- In order to go for it on 4th down:
*Can do it 2 times anywhere.
*Less than 4th and 3 in opponents 35-50 (midfield no man's land) doesn't count against your 2 times.
*If in the 4th quarter you are losing.
*In the final two minutes of either half if it's a tie game.

-You cannot go for a 2 point conversion unless you are
*Losing in the 4th quarter; or
*Converting a 2 pt conversion over an extra point would bring you to within or up by 3 points (a FG).

Rules on Rocket Catching:
-Cannot be done in the following situations:
***On 3rd or 4th and longer than 5 yards.
***In the red zone (i.e., can't do it between the 20 yard line and the opponent's end zone)
-Can only be done 3 times in an entire game anywhere else on the field.
-This also means that there can be no "jetpack" catches.
-User catching is fine but if you suspect something is wrong with a user catch then save a replay and post it for commissioner review.

-Any glitches results in forfeit and possible removal from league.
***This includes nano blitzes of any kind. If you suspect that someone has used a nano blitz in game then save a replay of the play when the game is over (if you don't know how to do this then ask someone), and post it for the commissioners to look at. Remember: blitzing more people than the other team has blocking is not a nano blitz.***

-Disconnects will happen. In a case of a disconnect you can restart. If you cannot get your game in because of disconnects it will be simmed. If a disconnect happens while the game is within 14 points, message the other person who disconnected before exiting the game to see what happened as the EA server may have bounced them for whatever reason. I trust that everybody on here is an honest person and won't be disconnecting games out of fear of a loss, which is why I think 14 points is a fair line to draw.

-YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO QUIT A GAME AND RESTART IT JUST BECAUSE ONE OF YOUR PLAYERS GOT INJURED. Players get injured in real football all of the time and it is a part of the game.

- Abusing any of these could have you removed from the league

- All trades have to be posted in the trade thread with the players being traded listed with their overall ratings. Voting will last for one (1) day. Post your trades here: http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?board=98.0

- Trade deadline is week 6.

-Free Agents cannot be traded.

-There will be a password for the league to be determined at a later time.

-If someone is booted/quits you cannot leave the franchise and re-join as their team because they have a better record or you like that team better. The team you pick will be the team you are stuck with for the entire season. No exceptions and failure to comply will get you removed from the league.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:36:22 PM by COLTS and BOLTS »

Offline Szabada

• 2011 Co-Member of the Year
  • Showtime for Free Hero
  • Showtime Karma: 569
Re: Official Rules of the Showtime for Free, Madden League.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »
  ;D

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 11:12:39 AM »
nice work Colts and Bolts... you can also make a poll in this thread too.. you should see that option on this page here where you can see all our post.   

ps.. i am down with these rules.

Offline WSBroncos

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 180
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »
Sounds good.  But I still think (although it's not up to me) that the prize category for points should be eliminated.

i voted couple changes.. and for changes.. i mean the prize part... i will make a prize thread announcement soon.. when i find out the rest of the prizes.

haha, the second paragraph... i was like "where did that come from", then i realized one of the mods edited it lol
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:11:58 PM by WSBroncos »
Denver Broncos' Lineup:
O: 99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99
D: 99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99
Fear Our D!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 11:31:40 AM »
ya... prizes are going to be determined in a way that's fair.... since i'm paying for some of the prizes too... i want to make sure everyone get's a fair chance.. i'm making a poll for this thread.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:21:21 PM »
Sounds good to me. The 4th down thing I'm still confused about but I'm not expecting to be in the lead so as long as I don't do it more then 4 times I should be good right?

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »
Does this mean you can go for it on 4th down 4 times in any given game, or a total of 4 random times throughout the whole season?  4 Random times per game seems like a lot.  And does a fake punt or field goal count as one of those times?

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
good questions.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Yea good question. Because I've kinda been doing the fake punts a lot and running the ball, I havnt tried field goal though, hmmmm

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Madden Commish
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 491
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
Does this mean you can go for it on 4th down 4 times in any given game, or a total of 4 random times throughout the whole season?  4 Random times per game seems like a lot.  And does a fake punt or field goal count as one of those times?

Yes, those count. Anything that isn't an actual punt or fg counts as going for it. I'll change it to 2 times because 4 is kind of a lot. It never became a problem in my other league, but I'll lower it to 2.

I'll also add another rule about 2 pt conversions.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
Ahh I got excited over the 4. Now Ireally need some one to teach me madden!

Offline COLTS and BOLTS

• Showtime Madden Commish
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 491
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 06:18:20 PM »
I don't know if anybody assumed this was the case, or if I need to specify, but you do not have to use team specific playbooks. You can use whatever offensive and defensive playbooks you want.

To some of you that makes no difference, but it might to others.

Offline Th3Landl0rd

• Stepping it up!
  • Showtime Karma: 15
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 06:33:18 PM »
Id rather 7 min quarters.. with acc. clock.

I think we should eliminate any rules about going for 4th downs. If you go for it in your own territory and miss, it will likely end up giving the opponent 7 points. I just honestly dont want to have to pause to look up the 4th down rules during the game. I usually punt, but I dont mind if a guy goes for it against me cuz I have a chance to get a big stop and the ball in his territory.

NO RULES FOR 4TH DOWNS !!!! :)

Offline WSBroncos

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 180
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 10:35:41 PM »
Id rather 7 min quarters.. with acc. clock.

I think we should eliminate any rules about going for 4th downs. If you go for it in your own territory and miss, it will likely end up giving the opponent 7 points. I just honestly dont want to have to pause to look up the 4th down rules during the game. I usually punt, but I dont mind if a guy goes for it against me cuz I have a chance to get a big stop and the ball in his territory.

NO RULES FOR 4TH DOWNS !!!! :)

That makes sense, and I agree that I like when people get greedy and go for it.  But on the other hand these rules keep it a sim league and helps the lesser players only have to make 3 stops, not 4.  I like the rule
Denver Broncos' Lineup:
O: 99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99
D: 99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99,99
Fear Our D!

Offline Szabada

• Showtime for Free Hero
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 10:56:03 PM »
I'm down for whatever everyone else decides.  If somebody keeps going for it on 4th down and it bugs you, stop them.  Same thing for running up scores, if you can't stop them...then you need to try something different.