Author Topic: "Halo: The Fall of Reach" Comes To Shelves Today  (Read 3547 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
"Halo: The Fall of Reach" Comes To Shelves Today
« on: August 03, 2010, 05:48:02 PM »

That would be bookshelves, kids, in bookstores. A new revision of Eric Nylund's "Halo: The Fall of Reach," first published in 2001, went on sale today with 27 pages of new material.

What's in the new trade paperback? Glad you asked. According to a release from Tor Books, you get:

Excerpts of Office of Naval Intelligence interrogations of the Covenant.
    Missives and mandates issued by the Covenant
    Declassified transmissions regarding the defense of Reach
    A personal insight into the Spartan program
    The Official Evacuation Order for all inhabitants of Reach.
    Five sketches of cover art by 343 Industries artist, Robogabo.

Next, Tor will release new editions of "Halo: The Flood" by William C. Dietz (on Sept. 28) and "Halo: First Strike" (also by Nylund, on Dec. 7.) Then around the holidays, the first book in the new Halo Forerunners trilogy will arrive.

http://kotaku.com/5603793/halo-the-fall-of-reach-comes-to-shelves-today

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 601
Re: "Halo: The Fall of Reach" Comes To Shelves Today
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 10:32:46 PM »
I got the first one, I doubt Ill buy this one tho

Its a great read.

Old cover

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:31:45 AM »
I've got the original set, no need for the new one.  They're just milking this cow.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 05:44:53 AM »
I've got the origonal set, no need for the new one.  They're just milking this cow.

yea i got excited then saw that it was kinda the same as the first one with a few more pages, i already got the first set for the husband back in 04, but if he wants this one too ill get it for him,

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 12:04:17 PM »
Yesterday the third book, First Strike, was released in a new edition.  I've been buying these up using my iPad's Kindle app since I already have these in physical form and I don't have anymore shelf space.

I'm most looking forward to the next brand new title being released in just a few days.  An epic opus that goes all the way back to the Forerunner-era written by Greg Bear.

Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 09:33:28 PM »
Yesterday the third book, First Strike, was released in a new edition.  I've been buying these up using my iPad's Kindle app since I already have these in physical form and I don't have anymore shelf space.

I'm most looking forward to the next brand new title being released in just a few days.  An epic opus that goes all the way back to the Forerunner-era written by Greg Bear.

I want a Kindle so I'll read these.  As I said, I have the original 3, but have yet to read them.  :o  I touched a Kindle for the 1st time today at Targay, and I really liked it.  I think I could get back into reading using that medium.  I feel I need to get back into reading.  I feel I've lost some of my creativity, and that my lack of reading is part of the reason.

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 09:12:27 AM »
Kindle is a great little device.  It's really come down in price from what it was and has a vast selection of ebooks.  Only drawback for me personally, is that you need a light to shine on it at night.  Since I read before going to sleep a lot, I need one with a  back lit screen.  Nook for the same price is about on par with the Kindle and the 3G option is handy if you have the money to spring for it.  Otherwise, I think the sweet spot, is the NookColor which has a backlit screen AND is running an OS that is more Android like.  B&N said that they will be adding the Android Market to the NookColor after the new year, once that happens I'm hoping that Amazon will sneak their Kindle app onto the device and then it will become an unstoppable force! lol
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »

I want a Kindle so I'll read these.  As I said, I have the original 3, but have yet to read them.  :o  I touched a Kindle for the 1st time today at Targay, and I really liked it.  I think I could get back into reading using that medium.  I feel I need to get back into reading.  I feel I've lost some of my creativity, and that my lack of reading is part of the reason.

i told you i can get you back into reading, all you need is a soft sexy voice giving you a jump start and then youll be good to read all on your own, ;)

Offline ayebaybaylie

• Bringing it strong!
  • Showtime Karma: 254
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 01:50:19 AM »
This book was great, Master X let me borrow it haha. It made me go out & buy like every other Halo book I could find. Except Cryptum, it was too expensive. :/

That would be bookshelves, kids, in bookstores. A new revision of Eric Nylund's "Halo: The Fall of Reach," first published in 2001, went on sale today with 27 pages of new material.

What's in the new trade paperback? Glad you asked. According to a release from Tor Books, you get:

Excerpts of Office of Naval Intelligence interrogations of the Covenant.
    Missives and mandates issued by the Covenant
    Declassified transmissions regarding the defense of Reach
    A personal insight into the Spartan program
    The Official Evacuation Order for all inhabitants of Reach.
    Five sketches of cover art by 343 Industries artist, Robogabo.

Next, Tor will release new editions of "Halo: The Flood" by William C. Dietz (on Sept. 28) and "Halo: First Strike" (also by Nylund, on Dec. 7.) Then around the holidays, the first book in the new Halo Forerunners trilogy will arrive.

http://kotaku.com/5603793/halo-the-fall-of-reach-comes-to-shelves-today

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 09:38:32 PM »
Jesus, I need to get caught up on my Halo reading.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 06:44:36 AM »
Jesus, I need to get caught up on my Halo reading.

slacker! did you ever read that one you wanted to get?