Author Topic: MAINGEAR  (Read 624 times)

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
MAINGEAR
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:46:21 AM »
I know I had a thread elsewhere about MAINGEAR but it really belongs here. I'll post the vids later in this thread.

Yesterday I swung by their new shop in Kenilworth, NJ. Shit is amazing!! What a place to work if you're into tech and PCs!!!!!!! I mentioned in the chat that they have a full blown racing sim. It's a 3D capable, 3 screen, surround sound equipped rig with Sparco race seat, 5 point harness on a frame that has linear actuators. Wheel/pedals are Logi's G25. The PC is a beast, one of their high end Shift lines and is even liquid cooled (forgot specs). They were doing some changes so they didn't have it running but once they do I'll try it out.

So I went in to check the shop out and maybe just get me thinking on a new rig. I've been e-shopping for awhile for a new laptop, new gaming laptop, or gaming desktop (started awhile back for desktop that I was gonna build myself but passed on) and now I am on the verge of pulling the trigger on a new system.

So here are some specs for the rig I might be biting on:

ASUS P7P55D-E Pro motherboard
i7 870 2.93GHz quad-core
2x nVidia GTX 460 1.5gb gddr5 in SLI w/PhysX cards
4GB DDR3-1333 RAM (if I need more, I'll upgrade to 8GB)
full surround sound card
1TB HDD with SATA swappable drive bin
They can overclock if I want to and if I ever have a problem, being I know the owner I just need to make a phone call and swing by  :D
He told me for everything I want, it'll do the job plus more. I went in thinking 1x video card and he said for the price + what I want that 2x gtx 460s would be perfect. It's 3D capable, just need the extra goodies of course like nVidia's 3D module and glasses if I wanted to go that route. He was tooting how awesome racing with 3 screens in 3D is and said he wasn't a believer until he did it himself. It's a whole new experience and I can't wait to try it once it's up again.
So yeah, I might be getting back into PC gaming  :P

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 678
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: MAINGEAR
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:25:18 AM »
jesus!    that thing is a beast!    i look forward to seeing pics and vids of this thing

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
Re: MAINGEAR
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:38:27 AM »
Here's the lil vid of something an outside company put together with MAINGEAR and a dude from nVidia (he's also a pro drifter) showcasing their beastly racing sim rig. That's their new shop, really happy for Wallace, his business has grown a lot (dude in checkered shirt).

So I plan to make a decision by Wednesday on a rig lol. He told me by the time I decide on something, that he might have his own personal Shift built. He had an older case design with an expensive custom paint job, but decided to upgrade. And his 'older rig' is still more powerful than anyone's I know  :P

Eventually I'll do 3 screen with seat and all. I just don't have the room right now. My sim setup before was an older Logi wheel mounted to a corner computer desk and an HD CRT PC monitor. I got a PC flat LCD monitor to replace the CRT and am setting up the 'temp-o-sim-part-deux' for my extra xbox.... I just can't decide if I want to buy another MS wheel and get a Logi G25/G27 (I love Logi wheel's and their aluminum face like in G25/G27 is so dope) or spend some more on the Fanatec setup... I might go MS wheel right and go even crazier than Fanatec since this new rig is capable of things I never thought I'd have access to, and deal with my old Logi wheel in the meantime... btw, I also plan to put my PS2 (GT4) with this flat monitor since I'll have some more room. Options... they're great aren't they?  8)