Author Topic: What is the next big game for 20C?  (Read 12228 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 622
  • Ruler Of Nod
Re: What is the next big game for 20C?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »
Crysis 2 MP demo tomorrow, that may be good. 
good looking out!

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »
MOH has a beta for BF3 :D

Damn... I didn't even realize it! Sounds good to me! Although... BF3 I'll most likely get for PC... whenever I get a new rig of course

Offline Omni78

• Feeling it down in your plumbs.
  • Showtime Karma: 417
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 01:38:51 PM »
I'm interested in Breach.  I just wish it had more than three maps.  Apparently, one of the three maps has a night version.  There is also an additional map which is unlocked some how.  Still seems a little lacking.  The game looks pretty cool, though.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
I'm interested in Breach.  I just wish it had more than three maps.  Apparently, one of the three maps has a night version.  There is also an additional map which is unlocked some how.  Still seems a little lacking.  The game looks pretty cool, though.
$15 people, what the hell do you expect for $15? COD gives you map packs for that much and people eat it up, but a full fledged game with only three maps for $15 and it's lacking??? Get real! Besides, it does well you know full well they'll release more content, just like every other fracking game out there. For fucks sake megaman 10 has dlc!

Offline Omni78

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 02:17:01 PM »
I mean this in the nicest way possible, calm the fuck down.  I'm talking about playability and re-playability.  Three maps ain't much variety and could quite possibly get boring rather quickly.  I could care less how much the game costs.  If it doesn't hold my attention for very long its still a waste of money.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:31:08 PM by Omnicronos78 »

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 02:45:29 PM »
I paid $15 for BF 1943 and it only had 3 maps. The thing is, is Breach worth $15, like omni said, are you going to get your money's worth? I played a decent amount of BF1943 but if I had to do it again, I'd get the 360/LIVE version rather than the PS3/PSN version

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 09:08:51 PM »
I paid $15 for BF 1943 and it only had 3 maps. The thing is, is Breach worth $15, like omni said, are you going to get your money's worth? I played a decent amount of BF1943 but if I had to do it again, I'd get the 360/LIVE version rather than the PS3/PSN version
I agree with and understand your concerns, I'm not going to jump blindly into this game. As of right now though, from what we've been shown as to the theoretical amount of content available from videos and all kinds of other sources. Signs point to yes. 3 maps is a bit of a downer, but that also depends entirely on their quality and replayability... But add in the classes, level up system, environment damage, etc. and it's easily worth $15. Certainly more so than Battfield 1943 was, and I personally think that it was worth it to. Sure it got stale after a while, but I certainly got plenty of hours out of it. Certainly far more than most titles that cost $60's with their weak 6-8 hr campaigns and completely lack of replayability.

Besides with the addition of the night map and possibly an unlockable map that could technically put us at 5 maps (though I have a hard time believing that a map being night or day is going to do much besides create a preference towards one or the other.)

The value seems to be there. Whether it is worth it to an individual can't be determined.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed that breach only has three maps, but from the way things are looking, I'm disappointed it wasn't a full fledged triple A title to begin with. It looks as though it's prepared to put some of those triple A titles to shame.

Offline Omni78

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 03:34:04 PM »
Just played the demo for Breach and I was not impressed. 

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 11:50:27 PM »
Just played the demo for Breach and I was not impressed. 
:(

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 613
    • facebook
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 08:11:59 AM »
i finally downloaded the demo, didnt get a chance to play it but honestly if its not that good, i might not get it.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 676
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 08:17:54 AM »
i like breach.. it's just too slow.      if they speed up the game play..... things for me could get interesting.      i've been playing pretty good on that game.

Offline Omni78

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 12:38:48 PM »
Agree with it being too slow.  For better or worse, I'm just too accustomed to the Call of Duty style of play.  Its probably why I enjoyed the Crysis 2 demo more than Breach.  Its controls/gameplay are very similar to COD, IMO.

I was also expecting more eye candy with the graphics after seeing the trailers for Breach.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 12:28:32 AM »
Agree with it being too slow.  For better or worse, I'm just too accustomed to the Call of Duty style of play.  Its probably why I enjoyed the Crysis 2 demo more than Breach.  Its controls/gameplay are very similar to COD, IMO.

I was also expecting more eye candy with the graphics after seeing the trailers for Breach.
I second all of these remarks aside from those about breach. Forgot to download that demo when I downloaded the demo for Bulletstorm, Dead Space 2, and Crysis 2. Crysis 2 seems as though it could be very interesting and it's control scheme blatantly ripping off COD is a blessing. Bulletstorm looks like it could be a lot of fun, though I have a feeling the main character is already getting on my nerves. When it comes to Dead Space 2, it looks cool, the multiplayer concepts sound neat but I doubt much of a community will form, and I need to beat the first one first. This of course is a very low priority for me at this time, I'm not really in a rush to play a game with the Resident Evil 4 control scheme again.

I will have my eye on Crysis 2 now though,  I didn't really expect that at all. I look forward to spending some more time and understanding how it all works a bit better.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 676
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »
COD ghost and BF4 boards will be up soon.   clan stuff is going to be a bit different this gen.. going to have a sub 20C for our younglings to lead.    anyhoo... more later.

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 725
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 04:50:58 PM »
COD ghost and BF4 boards will be up soon.   clan stuff is going to be a bit different this gen.. going to have a sub 20C for our younglings to lead.    anyhoo... more later.

I like that idea!!!