Author Topic: ThunderCats Writer Murdered  (Read 1694 times)

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
ThunderCats Writer Murdered
« on: May 28, 2010, 07:16:37 AM »

Stephen Perry, who was a writer for 1980s cartoon ThunderCats, recently went missing. His van was found last Sunday. Inside it, a man's severed arm. Stephen Perry, police now report, is dead.

The 56-year-old writer went missing from his Zephyrhills, Florida home, which authorities discovered was ransacked. His roommates, James Davis (45) and Roxanne Davis (49), disappeared, but have since been arrested on unrelated charges, writes Tampa Bay Online. James Davis was picked up on drug trafficking charges, and his wife is charged with violating probation.

"I cried. I cried when they told me," says 26-year-old Krystal Carroll, the mother of Perry's 5-year-old son. Last year, Carroll moved out and is currently in another relationship. Perry was slated to appear in court on May 9 for a domestic violence charge against Carroll. He has also been battling cancer as well.

"I am glad they are releasing the information to the public," Carroll added. "At least the public will know and there will be no more speculation about whether he was murdered. I am glad that we will start coming to some kind of closure not only for me and my son, but for the rest of his family as well."

Perry also wrote the 1985 comic book series Time Spirits, which gained renewed interest last winter when similarities between it and Avatar were discovered.

There have been plans to make a Hollywood version of ThunderCats. The project is currently on hold.
http://kotaku.com/5549990/thundercats-writer-murdered

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 732
Re: ThunderCats Writer Murdered
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:52:33 AM »
Holy shit that's crazy!!   :oA severed arm?!?!?!?!?!?!:o  What the fuck was that guy getting into?

Well, we know he was getting into some 20 something pussy while he was in his 50's.  At least that's good. ;D

R.I.P Mr. Perry.  Thank you for all the great memories. 

Thundercats may seem a bit gay nowadays, but they were the shiznit when i was a kid.

Offline mischa316

• Founding Mother, High Def Mod
  • Showtime Trooper
  • Showtime Karma: 604
    • Mischa's This & That Vintage Ebay Store
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »
Damn I watched that cartoon as a kid and I actually went to the live action in an arena in NY called the Civic Center. Damn this totally sucks ass. I think I might have to get out my Thundercats DVD's now and watch them.
Mischa.

OMEGA BOMBS

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 04:47:24 AM »
thunder thunder thundercats NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 02:20:13 AM »
There is seemingly way more crazy shit going on with this then we could probably possibly realize... regardless R.I.P. Perry.

Online miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 680
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Roommate Charged In Murder, Dismemberment of Thundercats Writer
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »

Florida police charged James "Jimmy" Davis in the gruesome murder of former Thundercats writer Stephen Perry (pictured here), who went missing from his Florida home in May and was reported dead later that month.

Authorities found Perry's arm and torso in two separate locations since the writer's disappearance and today charged Davis with first-degree murder of the former writer, according to a report in the Tampa Bay Tribune.

Zephyrhills, Florida police chief David Shears called the case "unusual and complex," according to the Tribune, which reported that authorities still do not have a motive for the killing. The paper reports that drug and money issues could be a factor.

Davis was already being held in a Land O' Lakes, Florida jail on a drug trafficking charge.

Davis and his wife, who is considered by police as a person of interest in the slaying, had been roommates of Perry. Krystal Carroll, who had a child with Perry, said that the writer wanted to kick them out.

Carroll told the paper that the murder charge gave her some feeling of closure to what has obviously been a terrible situation.

Perry wrote several episodes of the hit 80s cartoon Thundercats.
http://kotaku.com/5581840/roommate-charged-in-murder-dismemberment-of-thundercats-writer

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »
Wow man... cocaine is a hell of a drug...

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 732
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »

Do we know it was coke?  Coulda been heroin, or even meth.  Crazy that all they've found is one arm and a torso.  Where the hell is the rest of him?  In the killers bellies?

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 618
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 01:00:01 PM »

Do we know it was coke?  Coulda been heroin, or even meth.  Crazy that all they've found is one arm and a torso.  Where the hell is the rest of him?  In the killers bellies?

thats some freaky shit really that is, it kinda kills any childhood memories of thunder cats being good or what ever you guys thought of it as kids.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 01:54:31 PM »

As far as my knowledge we don't know. My guess was cocaine (because I was hoping he still had thundercats money) but my other guess would be meth.