Author Topic: Don't use IE on this site if you don't have to...  (Read 10460 times)

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Don't use IE on this site if you don't have to...
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 09:14:25 AM »
hmmmm... i wonder why i'm not getting any quirks... unless i am, and i just don't know about it.  ;?

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 09:37:33 AM »
Not on this site in-particular. I run a lot of web apps and each browser seems to have strengths and weaknesses.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 615
    • facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 09:38:48 AM »
hmmmm... i wonder why i'm not getting any quirks... unless i am, and i just don't know about it.  ;?

depends on which version. i hate this new version of firefox, it annoys me i cant close the window and then have it remember my last windows. :/

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 09:40:41 AM »
Not on this site in-particular. I run a lot of web apps and each browser seems to have strengths and weaknesses.
speaking of apps...well, different kinds of apps... Jenny wants me to work on a Showtime for Free app, for android phone.  lol... i wish!

Offline 0xym0r0n

• Founding Father
  • Stepping it up!
  • Showtime Karma: 69
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 11:10:33 PM »
speaking of apps...well, different kinds of apps... Jenny wants me to work on a Showtime for Free app, for android phone.  lol... i wish!

If only I knew how to develop or program then I would be ALL over making an android/IOS app for the site!!!  Would be so sweet! 

Google chrome is an awesome browser, its neat that you can play Angry Birds within chrome.  I love it.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 06:19:47 AM »

if i knew id totally help you but these new fandangles things are soo much complicated then they used to be.

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 529
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »
I don't know.  I've been using IE9 since the beta, and I haven't had any issues.  What I have noticed that if you use their Tracking Protection, some sites that use cross site scripting break.  Like a lot of Facebook games, but that is done to prevent ads from dropping tracking cookies into your browser.

The new Firefox seems alright.  I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to open back up recently closed windows, there's a "Recently Closed Windows" menu under the History menu option. Or there's the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-N
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 06:38:18 AM by DustoMan »
Dusto
dustoman [at] gmail [dot] com

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2011, 12:34:25 PM »
I don't know.  I've been using IE9 since the beta, and I haven't had any issues.  What I have noticed that if you use their Tracking Protection, some sites that use cross site scripting break.  Like a lot of Facebook games, but that is done to prevent ads from dropping tracking cookies into your browser.

The new Firefox seems alright.  I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to open back up recently closed windows, there's a "Recently Closed Windows" menu under the History menu option. Or there's the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-N

they do?! well damn didnt know that, im used to it being an option when it first started. when you closed it it asked if you wanted to save and exit and the next time you opened the window it would pull up all the tabs you had open.

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »
I don't know.  I've been using IE9 since the beta, and I haven't had any issues.  What I have noticed that if you use their Tracking Protection, some sites that use cross site scripting break.  Like a lot of Facebook games, but that is done to prevent ads from dropping tracking cookies into your browser.

The new Firefox seems alright.  I'm not sure what you mean by not being able to open back up recently closed windows, there's a "Recently Closed Windows" menu under the History menu option. Or there's the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-N

they do?! well damn didnt know that, im used to it being an option when it first started. when you closed it it asked if you wanted to save and exit and the next time you opened the window it would pull up all the tabs you had open.

Oh that is a different option.  Go into the settings and there's a drop down in the General tab that says "When Firefox Starts..." select "Open my windows and tabs from last time."
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:25:35 AM by DustoMan »
Dusto

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »
oooohhh yay i found it took me a good minute but yea thats pretty awesome thanks!

Offline DustoMan

• Large Member
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »
oooohhh yay i found it took me a good minute but yea thats pretty awesome thanks!

You're welcome. A lot of times when moving to a new version, people will move things around.  At least, there's a way to have it behave like you like it.  When my wife switched to IE9, the favorites button being moved to the right side of the window really threw her.  There's no way to put it back and make it act the same way it did in IE8.  She slowly getting used to it, but being a lefty it's being an especially hard habit to break.
Dusto

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 04:38:53 PM »
Nut sure if it's an IE thing, but the delete button is missing for me..

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »
delete your own post?

let me look in members permissions to see if i changed such a thing.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
think i fixed it..

let me know if it's back for ya.  :drinks2:

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 08:03:28 PM »
Nut sure if it's an IE thing, but the delete button is missing for me..

LMAO!!! When I saw this thread had new posts I thought to myself "Who here besides hdinred uses IE???"