Author Topic: Photography  (Read 30772 times)

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
Re: Photography
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »
I'm not sure on the Canon T3i but the D90 is known to really be a beast of a camera. My friend was assistant photo for someone I know who shoots weddings and events and she said at minimum he'd want the D90 as the backup or for her when she's shooting purely as an assistant. She had I think an older D50 or D70 but upgraded to D90 and never looked back. Compared to D60 it has much better handling of low light conditions with much better higher ISO (not as noisy aka grainy), more AF points, much more features, can shoot video in HD, has the autofocus motors on the body (D40, D40X and D60 doesn't have autofocus motors in body so my 50mm f1.8 is manual focus only, everything else works fine), list goes on. It has a better sensor so the quality of the images are better too. I've been asking around to find out if the D90 will be replaced anytime soon by a newer model but the newer lines are still not the D90s direct replacement.

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »
i might pick up the T3i later. it's my first dip into DSLR's. i just wouldn't have any idea if its good or not.
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline Isntmenttolast

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 614
    • facebook
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 12:21:36 PM »
you guys make me ant to go buy a new camera... damn digital age. :-X

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 08:01:37 PM »
you guys make me ant to go buy a new camera... damn digital age. :-X

when you can i say do it, if you can't yet save and get a good one. i wished someone had told me this a few years back.

here is a pic using the Canon EOS REBEL 3Ti.

it's just cropped with a few things around the watch taken out. the watch image itself was not touched and i used the BW feature on the camera. i'm waiting for another lens that i want to try out and really start taking pictures with. i used the kit lens that came with the camera which is in my not so knowledgeable opinion...nice. this camera is really forcing me to learn things. and showing me how there is so much i'm missing buy relying on good old Auto Mode. this is such a nice camera to bad some of the lens i want to get cost more than the camera!

here is the picture untouched.

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2011, 08:06:25 PM »
yea, ive been meaning to get one but if im going to get one i want to get a good one... and im poor :'(.

hell ive still got a minolta SLR  from.... 10 years ago i think.  unfortunately everything is digital now a days and has made mine obsolete  :-[

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 09:42:07 PM »
yea, ive been meaning to get one but if im going to get one i want to get a good one... and im poor :'(.

hell ive still got a minolta SLR  from.... 10 years ago i think.  unfortunately everything is digital now a days and has made mine obsolete  :-[

as long as it can still take pictures it's not obsolete    yet. now the camera on my phone. thats obsolete. it would be more informative if i described to someone what a picture looked like than showing the picture my phone took.

heres something i just took a picture of a few minutes ago. i was messing around with the cameras built in filters.

this is the same kind of watch the Governator wore on the cover of Esquire a few years back, when people still liked him. this watch is BIG!

heres a pic of the watch to show how huge it is. it's as wide as a dollar bill. taken with my samsung.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:05:18 PM by mondayshift »

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
hahaha ok true, it does take picture wonderfully, but then getting them developed is the crappy part,  i need a freaking darkroom and the black and white film, god i miss that stuff. :(

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 08:45:44 PM »
hahaha ok true, it does take picture wonderfully, but then getting them developed is the crappy part,  i need a freaking darkroom and the black and white film, god i miss that stuff. :(

i would like to try and make photos with a darkroom.

ef it! i took the camera back! it was just way to much fiddling and adjusting and checking, by the time i'm ready to take a picture my kids have all gone!

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 09:09:54 PM »
dark room once its set up is fucking sweet!!!  1200 bucks for an enlarger set up, chemicles are expensive and i cant find them any where, and the papers pricey too... i wish i had a big closet to make into one. and the film for the black and white isnt cheap, but maybe its gone down in price or got more expensive, sigh. :-X

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »
dark room once its set up is fucking sweet!!!  1200 bucks for an enlarger set up, chemicles are expensive and i cant find them any where, and the papers pricey too... i wish i had a big closet to make into one. and the film for the black and white isnt cheap, but maybe its gone down in price or got more expensive, sigh. :-X

can't you just buy the chems by the bulk at sams or home depot? ;D  why not do what every crazy psycho killer guys do in movies and just use your bathroom for a dark room and put the dead bodies you take picture of in the tub?

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »

can't you just buy the chems by the bulk at sams or home depot? ;D  why not do what every crazy psycho killer guys do in movies and just use your bathroom for a dark room and put the dead bodies you take picture of in the tub?

hahaha um the chemicles, i need just to process the film would be d-76 or equivilent, and god i cant remember the photo developing chemicles are the moment, but it seems the films only bout 5 bucks a roll, and the chems on ebay range from 5-15 bucks for the packet but i need the reel processing tank and black bag....
and it wouldnt work in my bathroom need special lights for developing, but the film process has to be done in compete darkness no light at all. plus the dead bodies wouldnt fit in the bathroom  ;)
 damn it im looking on ebay for that shit now. thanks monday :P

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
so i returned the really cool Canon EOS Rebel T3i a few days ago. because i got the Canon 60D instead.  :D
i'll put pics of it in the Gadget section later on. http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=362.0

wife was working in the backyard so i decide to take a few pics. yeah i know wheres a watch picture.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 06:49:20 PM by mondayshift »

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »
SUPER JEALOUS!!!!!

Offline Isntmenttolast

• Just Prestiged on SfF!
    • facebook
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »
i NEEEEEEEEDDDDD this. *heart* even though i have no use/room for it right now i want it i can save it and use it later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-C700-C-700-Photo-Enlarger-BRAND-NEW-EXTRAS-/200601425074?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb4c6d4b2

Offline VOLTAN

• Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 727
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »
Wow Monday, that's a hella nice camera.  Those pics are so crisp and clear.  Feels like I'm right there.  Thanks for sharing.