Author Topic: Photography  (Read 32416 times)

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
Re: Photography
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 12:54:29 PM »
Here's 1 more that I came across on my work laptop. This is Firenze, aka Florence from the main tower next to the primary cathedral. I dunno why but I love this pic.

Offline mondayshift

• "I'm not a hot asian chick"
  • Founding Father
  • Showtime Karma: 605
    • flickr
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
that is cool as hell!
Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, I punch your face!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondayshift/

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »
It was an awesome view.

I think I took this with my 10-20mm Sigma wide angle. Funny story though, I can point out the small lil restaurant that I had Florentine steak just 20minutes before I went on this huge climb up almost 400 steps inside the tower. The shot I posted wasn't even the top most part of the tower. I was dieing going up those steps after eating a huge lunch just minutes prior. I took a rest and snapped away. Got some more cool shots but this one, dunno why, I dug a lot. Kind of captures Florence, the cathedral, the city, the beautiful sky all from that day.

The uncompressed image of this is huge btw and you can't make it out much but on the top of the cathedral's dome there are people. After walking up the tower and almost dieing I said no way in hell am I doing it all over again in the cathedral. lol

Florence is very beautiful btw. Statue of David was a sight in itself. After living 9 months in Italy and seeing many statues that were mostly made up of multiple stones... the statue of David is in one of the famous museums in Firenze and is MASSIVE!! All made from 1 piece of marble. It was amazing to see the detail and perfection cut out of a single piece of rock, not multiples like most other statues not even 1/4 of the size.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 11:14:10 AM »
Here's 1 more that I came across on my work laptop. This is Firenze, aka Florence from the main tower next to the primary cathedral. I dunno why but I love this pic.

That pick makes me wanna play Assassin's Creed! (For the record, I hate Assassin's Creed!)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »
Caine....

AC1 was cool at first but got so repetitive that I never finished it.
AC2 on the other hand... A-W-E-S-O-M-E-!!! I thought it was 200x better than the 1st and note again, 1st was cool aside from the repetition. AC2 had very little of that but the story was better, characters were cool, and so much to do. When my friend told me 'dude... pick up AC2, you lived in Italy for 9 months... I was there for not even 1 week and you'll LOVE IT. Sure was right. Climbing the monuments I visited a year earlier kind of took me back

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »
Caine....

AC1 was cool at first but got so repetitive that I never finished it.
AC2 on the other hand... A-W-E-S-O-M-E-!!! I thought it was 200x better than the 1st and note again, 1st was cool aside from the repetition. AC2 had very little of that but the story was better, characters were cool, and so much to do. When my friend told me 'dude... pick up AC2, you lived in Italy for 9 months... I was there for not even 1 week and you'll LOVE IT. Sure was right. Climbing the monuments I visited a year earlier kind of took me back

I can argue on no single point. AC2 is on my backburner, it's just waaaaaaaay back there.

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 01:41:19 PM »
Damn... meant to put it in spoiler tags, but put it on quote tags lol

Put it this way homey, AC1 I loved the whole concept on it... assassin from way back in the day, most accurate digital reproduction of Jerusalem, great visuals, open world, cool story line, etc. It just got so... damn... repetitive... and AC2 added a bunch more things and massively reduced the repetitive nature of the game. Absolutely loved AC2. I want AC:Bro but haven't picked it up yet. I still have some side quests to do in AC2

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »
Damn... meant to put it in spoiler tags, but put it on quote tags lol

Put it this way homey, AC1 I loved the whole concept on it... assassin from way back in the day, most accurate digital reproduction of Jerusalem, great visuals, open world, cool story line, etc. It just got so... damn... repetitive... and AC2 added a bunch more things and massively reduced the repetitive nature of the game. Absolutely loved AC2. I want AC:Bro but haven't picked it up yet. I still have some side quests to do in AC2
once again, I can't argue any point. AC1 was an amazing title, sadly I could only play about an hour of it before the repetitiveness killed it for me. Plus I gotta say I was more of a fan of the idea of it being all based in the past, opposed to being "flash backs". I was quite abrasive to the whole "sci fi" element and found it unnecessary, and those sequences quite boring (I'm sure they're better late in the game).  Like I said, it left a bad taste in my mouth, I know I'm judging the series as a whole too harshly. I know I am a fool for it. However I also have had way too many titles that I'm actually interested in to play since it's come out. If and when there is ever a lull (I imagine this likely wont happen until next gen.) I will pick it up and check it out.

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 06:31:22 AM »
Pop in AC2 bro. I think you're like me and I think you'll absolutely love it. AC2 only came out the disk drive like twice. Once it went in I was playing it like crazy

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »
Pop in AC2 bro. I think you're like me and I think you'll absolutely love it. AC2 only came out the disk drive like twice. Once it went in I was playing it like crazy
lol don't own it, and I'm already backlogged like a mofo. I gotta play Fable III and Dragon Age II because I wanna rip on em more effectively (I hit a brick wall in both!) I got Fight Night Champion to Play, Mafia II, and the list goes on. I'll get to AC2 I promise, but I need to get to Alan Wake first if that's any indicator ;)

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »
lol don't own it, and I'm already backlogged like a mofo. I gotta play Fable III and Dragon Age II because I wanna rip on em more effectively (I hit a brick wall in both!) I got Fight Night Champion to Play, Mafia II, and the list goes on. I'll get to AC2 I promise, but I need to get to Alan Wake first if that's any indicator ;)

put fable 3 behind AC Brotherhood.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 12:51:35 PM »

put fable 3 behind AC Brotherhood.

lol I'm playing Fable 3 because I don't like it, odd concept I understand.... I'm also playing it because I have access to it. AC2 and/or brotherhood I do not.

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 07:35:12 AM »
hey cuc, did you mention what camera you have? and your car race pics are gone from the car picture thread.

Offline cuco33

• eurokult
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 08:10:21 AM »
Hmmm I sorted some of my pics on flickr/photobucket, maybe it broke the link.

I have an older Nikon D60 w/ a bunch of lenses, filters, tripod and an SB600 flash. I actually want to upgrade to the D90 which wasn't available when I got the D60. Photo places only want 100-200 for trade in so I don't think it's worth it. Might just get a D90 kit and sell of the D60 w/kit 18-55mm lens or just keep it and give to the lady.

Offline mondayshift

• Founding Father
    • flickr
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 10:18:32 AM »
which would you choose the D90 or the T3i?