Author Topic: *Official* NATAL Thread  (Read 9345 times)

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
  • Showtime Special Forces
  • Showtime Karma: 610
    • Video Game Rumors
Re: *Official* NATAL Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 07:31:34 AM »
Yeah, I wonder how Sony will market their wands.. they'll have to answer the question "Doesn't Wii already do that?" I will probably buy them, cause I have to have everything game related, but even most hardcore SDF on HDD claim to have no interest in them. And as you said, for the casual user, there will be two other less expensive, options.

Can't wait to see how everything plays out.. E3 is what, only 6 months away..  ;D

Offline Master X

• Founding Father, Video Game Mod
  • Showtime Karma: 601
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »
Is Natal going to be bundled with all new 360s when it comes out or not?

If not, maybe there make a Holiday bundle.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 08:54:16 AM »
Microsoft: Majority Of World's Publishers Working On Natal Games

Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's entertainment and devices division (which includes the Xbox 360), has told the Financial Post that most of the world's publishers are at work on games for Project Natal, the 360's upcoming motion control peripheral.

"We have something like 70% or 80% of the publishers in the world already doing Natal-based games", he told the Canadian business site. "Our first party studios are [also] very focused on this. We want to have a few titles from Microsoft that show the way and then we want the breadth and power of the ecosystem from our partners to bring lots of new ideas, new innovations, new concepts to the marketplace."

During the Tokyo Game Show, Microsoft announced that companies such as Activision, Bethesda, Capcom, Konami, Square Enix and Electronic Arts were developing titles for the peripheral, along with famous developers like Hideo Kojima (Metal Gear Solid) and Sega's Toshihiro "Brown Man" Nagoshi (Yakuza, Monkey Ball).

Guess that list has been added to since then!
http://kotaku.com/5447026/microsoft-majority-of-worlds-publishers-working-on-natal-games

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »
all the "heated" talk has been moved to the smackdown boards.  :)    http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=1111.0

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »
just wanted to say hi to some of the sony tools checking in over here.    HI!    and this quote on this page saying red has no sony agenda... what a crack up!      that douche is in so much denial!

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game-consoles-smackdown/86630-natal-headed-right-direction-gaming-scenarios-interview-112.html

ok.. back to your friendly NATAL thread...

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
Natal “Fraught With Risk” – Microsoft
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »
Microsoft Game Studios boss Phil Spencer has been discussing the huge challenges the platform holder is attempting to overcome ahead of Project Natal’s launch later this year.

Asked how he felt about criticisms that Microsoft tends to take less risks than Sony when it comes to first-party development, the executive told Eurogamer: “I don't agree at all. This picks up the discussion about Natal very well, because if there isn't risk in Natal then I don't know what's keeping me up at night.

"We're trying something completely new where there's no device in your hand. We're trying to build a set of new games, new experiences that will have the same quality metrics of our past games, but really entice both existing 360 customers and new people. It's a huge challenge, a huge investment and it's fraught with risk."

Spencer also discussed Natal’s pricing, although he wouldn’t confirm or deny whether the company’s hoping to release the technology at a sub-£50 price point.

"We know that price is important. Xbox 360 has shown that we're conscious of price points, and I think the price drops we've done have resonated very well. The momentum we've had in '08 and '09 is a combination of the value of our platform and the content we have.

"We understand, going into Natal, it's the same equation - we have to offer experiences and hit price points which really resonate with consumers. This is a broad consumer product. It's for the entire audience which has 360s today and the millions of people who will buy 360s because of Natal. We understand that only works if we hit consumer price points.”
http://www.edge-online.com/news/natal-%E2%80%9Cfraught-with-risk%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-microsoft

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2010, 08:56:31 AM »
Project Natal makes a Smallville cameo, does not guarantee ability to fly
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/12/project-natal-makes-a-smallville-cameo-does-not-guarantee-abili/

Video at the link..

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 09:12:56 AM »
Project Natal makes a Smallville cameo, does not guarantee ability to fly
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/12/project-natal-makes-a-smallville-cameo-does-not-guarantee-abili/

Video at the link..
looks like they just used old footage or something.    didn't look to me at all like they were actually playing it.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2010, 12:27:51 AM »
Microsoft: Natal Has Five-Year Lifespan

Microsoft's director of product management Aaron Greenberg has said that software will be created for Project Natal for the next five years.

Speaking to CVG, the Xbox exec said, "The richness of the technology is going to really enable experiences that never had existed before. And we're not just speaking about what we're doing this year, but I think two, three, four, five years from now as this evolves.

"Millions of consumers this Holiday will be able to experience Project Natal and this is just the beginning of something that will change the way consumers interact with entertainment and change way our publishing partners think about game development."

When asked how Microsoft viewed accusations that Natal was simply a "jazzed-up EyeToy" Greenberg responded, “We obviously could have done a motion controller if we'd have wanted to do that, but we felt that would be a much more interruptive experience. We had an opportunity here to really do something that's transformative and brings a whole new category of experiences to life.

"Now we're saying to creators: 'We can see when you move your hand, when you move your feet, we can track your body. I can stand in front of this sensor and it can recognise my face and know if it's me, or my brother or my sister.'"
http://www.edge-online.com/news/microsoft-natal-has-five-year-lifespan

Offline hdinred

• Founding Father
    • Video Game Rumors
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2010, 07:45:46 AM »
Next-gen Natal prototype is ready

Channel Five's The Gadget Show were invited to try out Project Natal last night - the same demonstration that Jonathan Ross attended - and enthusiastic tech expert and gamer Jason Bradbury has given his verdict. It's fair to say he was impressed.

Literally bouncing out of the demo, Bradbury's first words were, "amazing, brilliant," before he added: "I mean, OK, a little bit of work to do regarding the clarity of the experience of how you use your body. I was doing my breakdancing moves and it was recognising them. I saw a guy do a Moon Walk... it actually recognised the movements.”

Bradbury said the only game being demoed was the previously shown Ricochet, but nonetheless, he liked what he saw.

"I did some boxing moves. I did a few little jabs and honestly it works. It picked them up. You could see my character in silhouette mimicking my moves," he said. "That's where it's going to be exciting."

Interestingly, Bradbury revealed that Microsoft had told him an improved version of the prototype is now ready.

"[Microsoft] did make a point that the next generation of prototype, which is now ready, which is not what we were using, we were using the E3 hardware. The new stuff is even more precise, the movements are more precise," he said.

An obviously enthusiastic Bradbury concluded: "That Natal promise from my experience tonight...very, very much intact. I need to wander the streets and calm down before I go home."

We came away impressed from our time with Natal back at gamescom, but it's certainly good to hear that a newer version of the motion controller is now ready.

Project Natal is scheduled for release this holiday season - if fellow demo attendee Jonathan Ross has his facts right, it'll be out in October.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/next-gen_natal_prototype_is_ready.html

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:00 AM »
i can't wait for this.    i love the fear the SDF is showing still by playing this down.       this will not take over the regular controller, or anything like that imo.. but what it ADDS to just everything else... i can't wait for it.

hell.. my roommie JennyLee20C, she can't wait for this,.. and the games and interface will be perfect for her, and others who aren't hard..hardcore gamers. 

Offline chipvideo

• All Star
  • Showtime Karma: 69
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2010, 09:24:39 AM »
MTV Games making Natal project

Microsoft’s confirmed to Silicon Republic that MTV Games is currently making a Natal-based title.
“We’re actually really not sure what games will be available [for Natal] yet,” said Erin Hofta from the firm’s US arm at the same event Jonathan Ross showed up at.
“EA, Ubisoft, MTV Games and our other major software partners have had the technology since June so it will be really interesting to see what they come up with.”
It’s the first real confirmation that MTV Games, and quite possibly Rock Band developers Harmonix, are working on a project for the motion camera.
Last year, however, Harmonix boss Alex Rigopulos did hint at a title for it, saying in Cologne during gamescom that the camera will “affect how people view games in general.”
Rock Band: Natal confirmed, then.
Via CVG.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/23/mtv-...ct/#more-81763

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »
How sweet would it be if your avatar on stage (and hopefully not restricted to your live avatar) mimicked your movements on stage? I donno about the rest of yall but I like to rock out while playing, I'm a true fake rockstar!