Author Topic: *Official* TGS thread here!  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Omni78

• Feeling it down in your plumbs.
  • Showtime Karma: 418
Re: *Official* TGS thread here!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »
Well, hopefully GT5 gets released this gen....maybe, they are still hoping to con people into buying the demo...just kidding.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »
ahahahaha  GT5  March 2010 now...

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 08:58:05 PM »
some motion control talk coming up next.          i hope there's some cool stuff with that.  :)

Offline Omni78

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
ahahahaha  GT5  March 2010 now...

We shall have to wait and see when us poor Americans get to play the game...

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »
i'm sure it will be top notch by the time it's coming out.       that's a long time after Forza 3 though.       very curious.        i'm wondering if they pulled back because Forza had their number.

Offline Omni78

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 09:05:04 PM »
i'm sure it will be top notch by the time it's coming out.       that's a long time after Forza 3 though.       very curious.        i'm wondering if they pulled back because Forza had their number.

Nah, I think if they could, they would have released it sooner...I think Sony is pretty confident in the Gran Tursimo franchise.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:06:54 PM by Omnicronos78 »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
i see that LBP will be supporting motion control.

:03
   crecente:  Now Shuhei is moving onto LittleBigPlanet.
2:04
   crecente:  Yes there is a version with motion control support showing on screen.
2:04
   crecente:  Two players are controlling it. One with a DualShock, the other with a wand.
2:05
   crecente:  The wand player is controlling special levers with pink buttons on them, pulling on them with a sticky band.
2:06
   crecente:  The other is controlling a Sackboy.
2:07
   crecente:  The pink button that you can attach the wand to is the same hue as the light on the wand itself.
2:07
   crecente:  There's a long list of games getting motion controller support.
2:08
   crecente:  Eyepet, flower, High Velocity Bowling, PAIN and more.

http://kotaku.com/5366476/sonys-tgs-playstation-press-conference-the-revenge
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:12:23 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »
2:09
   crecente:  We are getting a new trailer from Level 5.
2:10
   crecente:  Lots of drama, winged dragons, airships, prerendered environmental disasters.
2:11
   crecente:  Crazy warship battles at sea, hordes of enemies and mid air white knight battles.
2:12
   crecente:  So yes. There is a White Knight Chronicles sequel coming to the PS3 as already revealed by some Japanese mags.
2:13
   crecente:  Sony moves onto PlayStation Network content. This may be difficult to report since my translator just left.
2:14
   crecente:  (Ash is off to see Suda-51. This is McWhertor iPhone liveblogging.)
2:16
   crecente:  Sony has a new PSN service coming to JPN. It's Mainichi Issyo focused so don't expect it to go far from Japan.
2:17
   crecente:  PlayStation Home version 1.30 is shown. Avatars are shown staring blankly in what could be new environments.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:23 PM »
As promised, Microsoft are about to begin a panel discussion on Project Natal with several noted developers, including Hideo Kojima and Capcom's Keiji Inafune. You're here, we're liveblogging, you may as well see what they've got to say.

Luke Plunkett:  hey guys, not sure what time this is supposed to kick off, but hopefully it won't be too long
2:47
   crecente:  And we're here
2:48
   crecente:  Looks like it's starting
2:48
   Luke Plunkett:  your ears must have been burning
2:49   
Expand
2:49
   crecente:  They're introducing the developers who will be talking
2:50
   crecente:  This is an intimate event with some of Japan's top developers. They'll all be talking about their support of Project Natal
2:51
   crecente:  I'm wearing a little translator dealio. It's like having Ash in my ear.
2:53
   crecente:  We're getting the Natal basics
2:54   
Expand
2:56
   crecente:  We're going to be hearing from Segas Toshihiro Nagoshi"
2:56
   crecente:  Capcom's Inafune and Konami 's Kojima
2:57
   crecente:  Everything we hear here today is just brainstorming they warn. No actual hard news.
2:57
   crecente:  All three have taken to the stage. They're sitting side by side on the stage.
2:58
   Luke Plunkett:  bummer
2:59
   crecente:  Micrisoft japan's takashi sensui is hosting the discussion
3:00
   Luke Plunkett:  is he descending in a candy house gondola?
3:00
   crecente:  Nagoshi said when he first saw it he was impressed.
3:01
   crecente:  Inafune said that he thought if all of the things he could do with Natal. It was very inspirational to see.
3:02
   crecente:  Kojima said when he traveled to Seattle to see Natal it was a big shock. Like as big a shock as
3:02
   crecente:  the first time he saw a 3D game.
3:03
   crecente:  Inafune is talking about gaming ideas
3:04
   crecente:  This kind if technology is very important. I see the potential.
3:05
   crecente:  Kojima said that while we have used controllers like this in the past. The difference here is that you can use anything as a controller
3:06
   crecente:  I would like to use this in my game. I can see how this will change society.
3:08
   crecente:  Nagoshi says this will give us unlimited potential.
3:08
   crecente:  Inafune says that games are evolving in terms of graphics but not controllers.
3:10
   crecente:  Body language will be important in terms of thus other evolution, he says.
3:10
   crecente:  This is a truly awesome thing.
3:12
   crecente:  This is going raise the bar for entertainment, Kojima says. People and machines are going to be connected.
3:13
   crecente:  Nagoshi says he likes to make the simple games as simple as possible.
3:14
   crecente:  With Natal may change the way Jao
3:15
   crecente:  ...the way Japanese people expresss themselves.
3:16
   crecente:  Kojima says I willbe able to be recognized by the system. That is new. It will be able to tell how I am feeling. This is science fiction like.
3:16
   crecente:  Natal is going to make the world of games so exciting.
3:17
   crecente:  Inafune says that Natal is going to bring about something new.
3:18
   crecente:  Kojima us likening natal to the shift from 2D to 3d again.
3:18
   crecente:  Nagoshi is talking about Back to the Future

http://kotaku.com/5366533/listen-in-on-kojima-inafune-more-talking-project-natal
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:19:05 PM by miDnIghtEr20C »

Offline chaz_uk

• Founding Father, Gadget Moderator
  • Large Member
  • Showtime Karma: 511
    • My Google+ Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 10:33:18 PM »
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/090924a_e.html

Million PS3's sold in 3 weeks*.

*estimated. :D
Pc gaming, tablet owning, smart phoning gadget user.

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 10:42:22 PM »
hmmm.. estimated eh?   ;)

anyhoo..here's the rest of that live chat about NATAL thoughts...

3:19
   crecente:  And the scene with The old arcade cabinet.
3:20
   crecente:  Inafune says that natal will allow creators to come up with something completely new.
3:23
   crecente:  Kojima points out that initially nit everyone will be comfortable playing games without controllers.
3:23
   crecente:  There will be a two or three transition period, he says.
3:26
   crecente:  Kojima says he would love to use Natal to come out with a completely new game that no one has played before. But I don't want to leave my core users behind.
3:26
   crecente:  So instead of a plane, he says, he will need to come up with a flying car
3:27
   crecente:  The panel just asked if they translators are translating for us. That's like asking, " is this thing on?"
3:28
   crecente:  Hideo says the medical community could use this technology
3:29
   crecente:  Or security cameras could use Natal
3:30
   crecente:  I think Natal will go beyond the gaming world.
3:33
   crecente:  Sensui asks for each of the developers to share their dream for Natal
3:34
   crecente:  Inafune says films have such impact on our hearts. Maybe that's what is missing from games. Maybe that's because you have to use your fingers.
3:34
   crecente:  This could let us catch up with films
3:35
   crecente:  Nagoshi says he can't reveal what he's thinking about. But his personal interest is a "sense of life"
3:35
   crecente:  Kojima says he wants a game that understands who he is
3:36
   crecente:  I would like to have some kind of AI system
3:36
   crecente:  That understands me best
3:37
   crecente:  Sensui is wrapping things up. He has lots of expectations with each one of you
3:37
   crecente:  Sensui hopes we enjoyed the discussion.
3:38
   crecente:  Project Natal is quite an awesome product
   crecente:  Enjoy TGS.
   crecente:  And that's it

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 10:43:46 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase has, at a Tokyo Game Show press conference earlier today, given us our first look at the previously-announced special, FFXIII-themed limited edition of the PlayStation 3.

The FFXIII PS3 will be pink and white, carries a "Lightning" theme and will be a 250GB model of the console. It'll be out on December 17 in Japan.
http://kotaku.com/5366512/first-look-at-the-final-fantasy-xiii-playstation-3

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 11:14:19 PM »
Square-Enix: The Next Gaming Innovation Will Be Billing

The next breakthrough in games will involve how you pay for what you play, the president of Square-Enix said today. Yoichi Wada made the declaration during the traditional state of the industry Tokyo Game Show kick-off panel here in Tokyo.

"What's going to be important for the next five years is not going to be the innovations in the specifications of the hardware or software," Wada said, "But the billing ... the revenue model and how this can be firmly rooted among the users that's when the next breakthrough will come."

The Square-Enix chief is high on the prospect of paid network games. The executives on the panel, which included the top men at Capcom, Namco Bandai, and Konami, discussed many aspects of gaming's present and near future. None proposed the perfect new payment model that Wada is seeking.

The executives did note that there is a challenge billing for full games that are sold digitally. Namco Bandai president Shin Unozawa said "it is inconceivable" to think people will pay full price $59 U.S. to download games. That needs to be figured out, he said. "There is a fear there... It's quite frightening to think about changing to a different model." He said that the profits in digital downloads are not there to support the today's scale of big-game development. That said, he referenced his company's successful practice of selling Pac-Man on mobile platforms for low prices.

"There doesn't have to be one title, one price," Wada said, saying that some consumers might be willing to pay smaller fees to play games for set amounts of time, rather than paying a full price for a full game."

Spinning off all of the pricing comments, Shuhei Yoshida, head of worldwide studios for Sony Computer Entertainment, said that he, at least, has seen small signs of success. He cited the financial and creative successes of small development teams creating and selling games through the Sony PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade and the Wii.

"From students there may be people coming up with several hundred thousand hits [sales] per title."
The proliferation of the App store and Facebook in 2009 was also impactful, Yoshida said. It connected more people and allowed gaming and non-gaming experiences to become more of a service to users.

Capcom president Haruhiro Tsujimoto said that he likes that it is easy for fans of mobile games to show them to each other. He likes the idea of word of mouth making a game popular. So, he was asked, is Monster Hunter is it possible on iPhone? "Let's pass that question," he said.

Both Square-Enix chief Wada and Namco Bandai president Namco's Unozawa denied that the global economic crisis was hurting the gaming business or any other sector of the gaming industry. Hasuhiro Tsujimoto agreed, saying that, like the music industry, success is based on the quality of a new release.

Wada also raised a concern about demographics. He said that the Japanese market needs to address the sense that it isn't cool for adults in his country to play video games. He believes that gaming while you're older is seen as cool in the West, but not in Japan.

http://kotaku.com/5366499/square+enix-the-next-gaming-innovation-will-be-billing

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
Booth Check: Microsoft

The Microsoft booth at the Tokyo Game Show included signs that showed the length of the wait to play most of the big Xbox 360 games there. How else to tell which game was best?

The longest was Bayonetta at 90 minutes. The second longest, at 80, was for the Forza car set-up.

http://kotaku.com/5368432/booth-check-microsoft/gallery/