Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic  (Read 4265 times)

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Showtime Karma: 623
  • Ruler Of Nod
Star Wars: The Old Republic
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:14:23 AM »
Should Bioware have taken such a risky and high budget leap into a market dominated by Blizzard? Is making the KOTR lore a MMO going to put an end to the series? Is it going to be another Star Wars: Galaxies? Or does your faith in Bioware make you think you gotta invest in buying a rig for the first time in 5 years?

OMEGA BOMBS

Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 02:59:16 PM »
I was never a WOW fan, but is anyone else excited about the star wars MMO coming out?

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/coruscant-revealed

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
  • Showtime Padawan(The force is strong in this one)
  • Showtime Karma: 679
    • Follow Showtime for Free on Twitter!
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »
yes.     i never have played a pc MMO, and i want my computer to be able to handle this.       they had me after that original trailer.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/timeline/onslaught-sith-empire

some really cool info on the pre Knights Of The Old Republic story line, it isn't finished yet, but the entries that are to be coming make it all the more interesting!

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »
incredible..incredible... incredible E3 trailer.    will this be my first PC game bought since The Sims number 1?

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 12:08:31 AM »
That trailer is truly epic! I'm a bit abrasive towards the MMORPG, but I just might have to get into this one and say goodbye to what little social life I have...

Offline nmcmahan52

• Founding Father
  • Respected Member
  • Showtime Karma: 517
    • project blu, where i attempt to review games
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »
looks awesome, i don't do mmo games but i might start now

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 08:37:35 AM »
Looks fuckin incredible!! I don't really do PC games.  That may have to change.  As for WOW, I'm hoping this can knock it down a peg.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »
Looks fuckin incredible!! I don't really do PC games.  That may have to change.  As for WOW, I'm hoping this can knock it down a peg.
It's seems highly likely this will be the one to cut into WoW's market

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
shit shit shit shit shit! I swear I'm trying not to get into this game! As if I didn't have enough to draw me in the assholes obviously have to come up with this shit!

Being the time for all things collectible, we wouldn't be surprised if an official announcement of the Star Wars: The Old Republic collectors edition were to be issued this week during Comic-Con -- but there's no need to wait for such an announcement. GameStop has listed the $150 collectors edition now, with perfectly official-looking art and a description of the contents.

According to GameStop, your investment into the fancier edition of BioWare's MMO will get you a "Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue," a metal case, "The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural," a map, a soundtrack, and seven in-game items -- including an exclusive CE-only in-game store.

In addition, GameStop bonuses include a "color stone" to change your lightsaber's color (also found in a Polish retailer's recent listing) and early access! That's a pretty significant bonus -- not that we know when the release date is yet, much less the early access period.

Update: Well, that didn't take long. It's official, and available for pre-order now -- and, in addition to this version, there's also an Origin-exclusive "Digital Deluxe Edition" with all the in-game extras, 30 days of game time, and none of the tangible extras.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/star-wars-the-old-republic-collectors-edition-revealed-by-games/

I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life...... I will not stay in my room for the rest of my life......

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/25/star-wars-the-old-republic-trailer-asks-you-to-join-the-fight/

I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo..... I will not play an mmo.....

Offline miDnIghtEr20C

• The Founder
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
 :yo daddy:

Offline cuco33

• 2011 CO-Member of the Year
  • Thrusting deep in Showtime for Free
  • Showtime Karma: 367
    • eurokult
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 07:43:03 AM »
That SW game for xbox, the new republic... I had borrowed it thinking I wouldn't get into it but it really sunk me in. Never finished it. I think I got about half way through the game. This one I might have to pick up if it's like that game I played and liked.

Offline Caine

• Founding Father
  • Just Prestiged on SfF!
  • Ruler Of Nod
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »
That SW game for xbox, the new republic... I had borrowed it thinking I wouldn't get into it but it really sunk me in. Never finished it. I think I got about half way through the game. This one I might have to pick up if it's like that game I played and liked.
From what I understand it's supposed to be remarkably simular, however it is a bit updated and it is also an MMO so I'd expect it to play more like WoW than KotOR. It's doubtful they'll keep the cool things like the breakdown of the die rolls in the skills but I could be wrong. Also while being an MMO it's been reported numerous times that one can complete the game as a single player. (You do get NPC characters following you around like the others in the series.)

Offline VOLTAN

• 2010 Co-Member of the Year
  • Global Moderator
  • Reaching Legendary Status...
  • Showtime Karma: 729
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 08:56:31 PM »

Star Wars: The Old Republic breaks pre-order record, EA sales reveal

EA is the "#1 publisher in Western markets," according to its latest quarterly financials. The company command a 16% segment share for the quarter ending June 30th, thanks to the success of games like Portal 2, Dead Space 2, and Dragon Age 2. All three titles have sold over two million copies each. Crysis 2 is an even bigger success, having sold over three million units. (Who needs Steam?)

NCAA 12 is also a strong performer for EA Sports, with sales up 17% from last year. Given the recent resolution of the NFL lockout, next month's Madden should also be a hit for the company.

EA reveled in a number of other statistics: FIFA 11 has sold nearly 15 million units so far, while the last Battlefield game, Bad Company 2, has sold over nine million units so far.

The Battlefield franchise appears to be gaining momentum, and EA is pointing at pre-orders of Battlefield 3 as evidence of that. According to the company, pre-orders are up "more than 10x" Bad Company 2's, undoubtedly helped by a more aggressive marketing campaign, a new graphics engine, and a pre-order campaign that offers DLC for free.

In addition, BioWare's upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic has broken EA's record for pre-orders, an impressive feat given the limited distribution of the digital version of the game. The company said it was planning on "limiting supply at launch" -- a feat it seemingly cannot accomplish.

Looking even further ahead to 2012, EA plans on announcing what appears to be up to four new sports titles in the same quarter as SSX and Mass Effect 3. The titles are unannounced, but we hope to get more info at an investor's conference call, happening now.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69440/star-wars-old-republic-breaks-pre-order-record-ea-sales